The Saco River in this part of southern Maine passes through a series of hydroelectric dams on its way to the sea. My target today is a small stretch of river right below the West Buxton dam located in Buxton (see The Maine Atlas and Gazetteer map 2 A5). The reason for selecting this section of water is that it was stocked last week with brown trout and also has flowing water coming through the dam turbines. I’d love for my 13-year old nephew Christian to catch one of those fish. The access point is located off Route 112 (River Road) just below the green bridge that carries the road over the river. Keep in mind that only hand-carried craft can be launched from this point.
Welcome to my awesome fishing blog.
I'm a devoted four-season freshwater fisherman who chases trout, salmon and bass year-round on Maine's numerous ponds, lakes, streams, and rivers. I love ice fishing, open-water fishing, trolling, and fly fishing. I fish from shore, in waders, from my canoe or a powered boat.
Read on if you want to learn more about out-of-the way fishing spots or seek to increase your odds of catching more salmonids or bass.
My motto is "If I fish it, I blog about it!"
- Brook trout fishing on Grassy Pond, Baxter State Park, Maine (September 26 and 27, 2016)
- Brook trout fishing on Nesowadnehunk Stream, Baxter State Park, Maine (September 28, 2016)
- Eight fabulous largemouth bass ponds in Kennebec County, Maine
- Largemouth bass fishing on Weary Pond, Whitefield, Maine (September 18, 2016)
- Largemouth bass fishing on Lower Range Pond, Poland, Maine (August 26, 2016)
- Largemouth bass fishing on Little Togus Pond, Augusta Maine (August 21, 2016)
- Largemouth bass fishing on Spectacle Pond, Augusta and Vassalboro, Maine (August 21, 2016)
- Largemouth bass fishing on Tolman Pond, Augusta, Maine (August 21, 2016)
- Largemouth bass fishing on Minnehonk Lake in Mount Vernon, Maine (August 14, 2016)